Sections
You are here: Home content generated doc.free neda Records 199902261 Presentation main Re: Publication of EMSD as an Informational RFC

Re: Publication of EMSD as an Informational RFC

Re: Publication of EMSD as an Informational RFC

Re: Publication of EMSD as an Informational RFC

  braden>   *> P.S.
  braden>   *>
  braden>   *>   I assume you have not heard from the IESG about EMSD.
  braden>   *>   Is that correct?
  braden>   *>
  braden> Mohsen,

  braden> That is correct.

  braden> You should be aware that IESG work must take precedence over non-IETF
  braden> RFCs such as yours.  We will complete publication of your RFC as soon
  braden> as it is possible, within the limits of our staffing level and
  braden> competing demands.

  braden> I would suggest to you that "getting it right" will turn out to be
  braden> more useful to you in the long run than "getting it fast".
  braden> I am assuming there that you do not intend to misuse the RFC
  braden> publication to make inappropriate advertising claims.

Bob,

I have never had the intention of misusing the RFC publication
process. I don't believe that I have ever misused the RFC publication
process. But, let's not go through that discussion again, it is not likely
to be productive ...

As for, "getting it right" vs. "getting it fast". The EMSD concepts
have been in the works for nearly 4 years now. It is at a point
where its publication as an Informational RFC is the right thing.

My sense of urgency in wrapping up the publication is not based on
a desire to "make inappropriate advertising claims".

Hopefully, this publication is not the end of EMSD. It hopefully is a
good way of starting on the road to "getting it right".

Parallel experimentation is the hallmark of the Internet.

In this case, under these circumstances, Informational RFC
publications of EMSD is the right vehicle for "getting it right".

Fortunately, I think that you and I are on the same side of this
perspective.

Also, I want to close the loop with you about the need for "formal"
submission of the revised draft to the RFC-Editor.  You already have
the draft and my responses to your comments. There may be a procedural
step there that I don't understand. If that is the case, please make
it clear for me so that I am in no way slowing the progress of EMSD
spec. towards its publication.

...Mohsen.