Sections
You are here: Home content generated doc.free neda Records 199902261 Presentation main IESG's Review of EMSD Specification

IESG's Review of EMSD Specification

IESG's Review of EMSD Specification

IESG's Review of EMSD Specification

The IESG,

On November 3, 1998, more than 12 weeks ago,
the RFC Editor referred to you the EMSD
specification for your review.

The initial timeout expired on Nov. 17,
1998.

On November 20, 1998 you requested an
extension through January.

On January 9, 1999, the RFC Editor notified
you of his approval for publication of EMSD
as an Informational RFC and requested for
the IESG paragraph.

  braden> Mohsen Banan has asked that his EMSD (Efficient Mail Submission and
  braden> Delivery) protocol be published as an Informational RFC.  After
  braden> conversations with the Area Director as well as two independent experts
  braden> (*) in the wireless industry, we have concluded that the RFC Editor
  braden> should publish this document.  We believe this is what Jon would
  braden> have done.

The IESG, has already had 12 weeks to review
this specification.

At this time, all that remains is for the
IESG to prepare the IESG note for this
Informational RFC (as communicated on Nov 8,
1998).

  >> First, in the case of referral of a non-IETF
  >> document for publication as an Informational
  >> RFC, which does not represent an Internet
  >> recommendation of any sort, the determination
  >> for fitness for publication is with the RFC
  >> Editor not by the IESG or by you.

  Keith> I understand that.  However, IESG was asked by the RFC Editor to
  Keith> comment on the draft.  As APPS area director, I am recommending that
  Keith> the draft not be published as an RFC.  If the RFC Editor chooses
  Keith> not to accept my recommendation, I will help write an IESG note to
  Keith> be included with the published document.

I expect that the RFC Editor will receive an
IESG note to be included with the published
document by the end of next week.

>From my perspective, the IESG delays have
been excessive.  I have been quite patient
over the past 3 months.

Please complete the IESG Note for this
Informational RFC and send it to the RFC
Editor soon.

Respectfully Yours,

...Mohsen.

Main Index | Thread Index
Document Actions
Libre/Halaal Internet Services Provided At LibreCenter By Neda

Member of By* Federation Of Autonomous Libre Services

This web site has been created based exclusively on the use of Halaal Software and Halaal Internet Application Services. It is part of the By* Federation of Autonomous Libre Services which in turn are part of the Halaal/Libre By* Digitial Ecosystem which incorporate the following software components: