Sections
You are here: Home content generated doc.free neda Records 199902261 Presentation main Re: IESG's Review of EMSD Specification

Re: IESG's Review of EMSD Specification

Re: IESG's Review of EMSD Specification

Re: IESG's Review of EMSD Specification

  *>
  *>
  *> The spirit of that section is to accommodate parallel
  *> experimentation and to introduce competition amongst
  *> protocols.  Right?
  *>

Mohsen,

In general, a competition among ideas is a GOOD thing, but a
competition among protocols is a BAD thing.  A network protocol is
intended to provide interoperability, and having more than one protocol
for the same application or service is clearly the antithesis of
interoperability.

One of the reasons for NOT publishing EMSD would be the fear that you
foolishly imagine EMSD to be in competition with SMTP.  Although I am
not speaking for the RFC Editor here, I suspect that the RFC Editor was
willing to publish your protocol ONLY because it is for a specialized
domain in which over-engineering is appropriate.

I keep suggesting to you that you stifle, and you keep
ignoring my suggestion.

  *> The idea there is that no one group has exclusivity
  *> on good ways and good ideas and that RFC publication
  *> can help parallel experimentation. Right?
  *>

Wrong.

Bob Braden (speaking for himself)

  *>
  *> ...Mohsen.
  *>
  *>

Main Index | Thread Index
Document Actions
Libre/Halaal Internet Services Provided At LibreCenter By Neda

Member of By* Federation Of Autonomous Libre Services

This web site has been created based exclusively on the use of Halaal Software and Halaal Internet Application Services. It is part of the By* Federation of Autonomous Libre Services which in turn are part of the Halaal/Libre By* Digitial Ecosystem which incorporate the following software components: